Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Allow Me To ReIntroduce Myself

OK, first thing is first. I guess in order to start this whole thing off I gotta first do the intro...
I'm a 22 year old, 80's born, affluent, white, suburbs-raised, male that is obsessed with all things music, especially hip-hop and the culture that goes along with it. With this blog I plan on offering my own insight on hip-hop music among many other things dealing with the genre and culture. Middle-class, suburban whites have had a secret fascination and love for hip-hop going back as far as the Sugarhill Rapper's Delight video filled with white people awkwardly dancing to the beat, up til suburban youth flocking to the total opposite lifestyle of NWA, and finally up until today with the majority of hip-hop CD sales coming from a white demographic. My goal here is to provide this suburban, white perspective and view on things going on in the world of hip-hop. Not just the music, but also the fashion, the lifestyle, the celebs, the industry, and maybe even racial issues going on in the world today. Keep in mind I am not just some idiot (at least I hope not) blogging. I have been following hip-hop closely, absorbing it and appreciating it, since the day I first started heavily listening to music and being a huge music fan (roughly 1995-6). Also I am pretty intelligent and have in fact graduated from a top 20 rated university, so I can't be that stupid. I was partially inspired to do this blog because of recent going on's in the world of hip-hop, such as Julia Beverly, a white woman, becoming pretty successful with her Ozone Mag, and also just how big the white population is involved in hip-hop today. I'm not that big into reading blogs myself until very recently, and from my searchings I haven't yet come across a blog with the kind of perspective that I would have, so I decided to give it a try. I realize that I have a problem with rambling so I'm gonna stop now and leave it at that. I hope to post at least once a day, cause it doesn't seem like it will take up much time and I got plenty of ideas in my head. So now you got the jist of where I'm coming from and what I'm trying to do. You'll find out more about me in the future also I'm sure. Until then, as we say in Houston,
CHUNK DEUCE. - j

If you read all that you get rewarded with Sugarhill Gang:


and some N.W.A.:


and why ya'll rockin out to these, remember white people love these joints more than gated communities! ;)

No comments: